Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cue the Holidays

Somehow, Thanksgiving always symbolizes the start of the Holiday's for me. Working at the mall, one would have thought that Christmas follows Halloween directly, and that there are not two months between the two holidays. I am excited that I only have a three day work week this week. Somehow having days off at the end of the week makes the week seem shorter but alas... having a day off at the beginning of the week always seems to make the week feel longer when you finally get there.

I love Sundays :-) It has fast become my favorite day of the week.

I have some personal traditions to go along with the family ones, that I try to stick to every year. On Thanksgiving, I go to the bar the night before and see everyone from high school who is in town... on Thanksgiving I eat with my family, tell the same old stories, and sometimes play cards. As the night gets later I meet up with friends "my other family" and go to see a movie, late at night. This year's pick is going to be the movie Twilight, the new Vampire movie. On Friday morning it's time to get up out of bed and go shopping. I rarely buy anything on Black Friday for some reason, but I love being out in the hustle and bustle of it all. I think it's funny how upset and crabby people get... who wants to feel like that while they're buying gifts for loved ones in the spirit of holiday cheer?

What are your holiday traditions? What's your favorite part?

~Michele~

1 comment:

mia said...

Our tradition is to take 30 hours to prepare the meal and 10 minutes to gorge ourselves. Then to go back and do it all over again a few house later. I can't fight the crowds at the mall. I'll give you my list, and you can do it for me. By the way, am using the laptop that you helped me buy. Very cool.